The oral surgery is an area in dentistry, which is assigned to all surgical procedures in the oral cavity and the alveolar process, which can be performed under local anesthesia, sedation or general anesthesia.
The main concentration of oral surgery is the surgical removal of teeth, especially wisdom teeth and other bones still in one sitting or impacted teeth. In some cases, can also serve as a graft substitute for displaced teeth loss or destroyed and other teeth. Also for oral surgery it is the reconstruction of the alveolar ridge by bone removal and bone grafting.
Treatment areas of oral surgery
- Removal of unerupted and impacted teeth, especially wisdom teeth
- Surgical dental restoration
- Exposure of impacted teeth for orthodontic classification
- Transplantation of teeth
- Removal of foreign bodies or neoplasms
- Closure of antral connections
- Unexplained pain treatment
- Treatment of Hyp-/Anästhesien
- Treatment of temporomandibular joint disorders
- Treatment of oral mucosal diseases